Discover a Brighter Future with Career Training
Youngstown | Boardman | Ohio | PA
If you enjoy working with your hands then consider enrolling in career training in Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, PA.
This article discusses the importance of career training in Pennsylvania and Ohio, as well as the benefits of obtaining career training at a trade school.
Keep reading to learn the different programs offered at these vocational schools and how this training will make you a more competitive candidate in today’s tough job market.
Ready to start your career training today?
Click here to complete this form and an admissions representative will contact you ASAP.
To speak with someone right now, call us at 1-800-837-8299.
What is Career Training?
Career training is a type of education that prepares you to obtain a job in one specific industry. This training is usually offered through special trade schools (also known as technical schools).
Unlike a traditional four-year college education, this type of training will teach you only the skills related to your specific job. This helps build your overall skill set and increases your workplace productivity.
What Benefits Will I Receive from Career Training?
There are a number of benefits to receiving career training through a trade school. Some of these benefits include:
- Practical Courses: Students do not have to enroll in courses that do not relate to their field of interest.
- Hands-on Experience: Courses not only teach theory, but also allow lab time to show students how theory applies to the workplace.
- Learn from the Masters: Career training instructors worked in the fields for which they serve as instructors, making them qualified on the subject matter.
- Real World Qualifications: Students learn skills that can be applied directly to the workplace.
- Shorter Programs: Students finish their training in less than one year, instead of the four years it takes in a traditional college setting.
- Job Placement Assistance: Most career training schools will help graduates find entry level positions in their industry.
In addition, employers prefer to hire individuals who have received job-related training before entering the industry.
Completing the proper training before entering the workforce will provide you with the skills necessary to help separate yourself from other job seekers with less training.
What Types of Career Training Can I Receive?
Some of the most common career training programs include:
- Automotive Mechanic: Working in an automotive training center, students learn automotive technology in labs that simulate actual repair and diagnostic shops in the transportation industry. Focused training covers operation, maintenance, rebuilding and troubleshooting procedures.
- Heavy Equipment Operation: Provides the hands-on training necessary for students to obtain jobs operating tractor-trailers, fork trucks, dump trucks, bulldozers, backhoes, or excavators. Graduates have the ability to maneuver a trailer for the loading and unloading of equipment and materials.
- Electrician: Allows students to explore positions as a panel builder and tester, utility maintenance mechanic, construction electrician, and electronic technician. Students learn to work with equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, and breadboards.
- HVAC Technician: Instruction on the installation and maintenance of HRVAC equipment, ductwork, metal fabrication, refrigeration and heating electrical systems. Students focus on developing skills such as basic cooling, safety, and air systems.
- Welder: Provides students with a background in various welding applications and techniques based on ASME and AWS specifications. Students will be able to seek employment in positions such as pipe welders, repair welders, and construction welders.
Some schools may also offer programs in health care, culinary arts, and computer technology. Additionally, many schools offer advanced career training for those looking to advance in their chosen career path.
Could Career Training at New Castle School of Trades Be Right for Me?
Since 1945, New Castle School of Trades has become a recognized provider of career training in Youngstown-Warren-Boardman.
Throughout the last sixty years, NCST has evolved from educating competent tradesmen to training some of today’s most highly skilled technicians.
We offer a variety of vocational education programs in numerous fields.
Our faculty and staff are committed to offering quality courses that prepare individuals like you to achieve their educational goals for employment and advancement in their chosen professions.
Our financial aid is available to those who qualify. We offer many different options to help you make the education you wish to experience more affordable.
In addition, all of our students and graduates have access to our job placement assistance programs throughout all of Pennsylvania and Ohio.
New Castle School of Trades’ students discover first-hand that people make the difference between a top notch and average education. We want to make a difference in your life.
Contact Us Today!
At the New Castle School of Trades, we realize that your career training in Youngstown-Warren-Boardman should be about you!
With education, skill enhancements and career training in some of the top technical fields, we can help you on the path to improve your career right now.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with new career training today by contacting us at 1-800-837-8299 or filling out our online form.