Experienced Heavy Equipment Repair and Diesel Mechanic Training in Pennsylvania
Get the Diesel School Education You Need
If you’re looking for a diesel technology program in the Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio region, then you’ll be especially interested in the Diesel and Heavy Equipment Repair Technology program being offered by the New Castle School of Trades.
This diesel mechanic training program provides you with the entry-level diesel training and skills you need to begin working in an exciting field.
If you want to receive free information about this course, call (800) 837-8299 or select a button below to contact us online.
What Do Diesel Mechanics Do?
Diesel technicians are responsible for inspecting and repairing diesel pickup trucks and other vehicles with light-duty diesel engines. As part of the Diesel Technology program at NCST, you will learn all of the skills necessary to diagnose, maintain and repair diesel engines.
The New Castle School of Trades is a highly experienced trade and technical school in the Pennsylvania and Ohio area. With our 60-week Associate in Specialized Technology degree program, you’ll gain a wide variety of mechanical and technical skills, including (but not limited to):
- Test driving vehicles to diagnose equipment problems
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and disassembling diesel engines
- Replacing pistons, bearings, gears, valves and bushings
- Installing ignition systems
- Maintaining and repairing generator sets
- Performing wheel alignment and replacing steering/suspension components
- Replacing transmissions and associated parts
- Lubricating moving parts
- Repairing undercarriages
- Diagnosing problems with and replacing chassis assemblies
- Repairing and replacing both pneumatic and hydraulic brake systems
- And much more!
You’ll be able to take the skills you learn in our diesel school to work on:
- Diesel-powered cars
- Heavy construction equipment
- Farm equipment
- Electronic-drive engines
- Power-generation devices and more
Best yet, students in our diesel technology training program will also receive commercial truck driving training so that you’ll have a thorough understanding, both inside and out, of the diesel vehicles you’ll be repairing. To learn more about the salary you can earn following diesel training, click here.
And if you’re wondering what your 60 weeks within our diesel school will contain, check out the diesel technology program outline.
Current Educational Tools
In the diesel technology program, you’ll perform repairs on various semi-tractors, diesel engines and heavy construction equipment. You will learn these skills using equipment that includes:
- A computerized information system
- Diagnostic computer scanners
- Lab scopes
- Fuel injection testing equipment
- Basic engine-testing tools
- Specialized transmission tools
- Electronic circuit testing tools and meters
We also assist you in being even more successful in your career by offering training in such courses as:
- Career preparation
- Strategies for success
- Job readiness
- Financial basics
- Customer service
Additionally, we offer graduates of our diesel school program job placement assistance to help them secure the position they want, making us an attractive option for diesel mechanic schools in PA.
And if you believe you’ll find it difficult coming up with the funds to finance your education, the New Castle School of Trades provides a variety of financial aid programs for those who qualify.
So don’t let finances prevent you from learning an in-demand skill. The need for diesel technicians is only expected to grow in the coming years, and you could reap the benefits through diesel mechanic training! Click here to learn more about diesel technician salaries.
Diesel Training Courses Offered
NCST provides in-depth courses overseen by experienced diesel school instructors. Some of the classes you’ll take as part of our training program include:
- Diesel Engine Performance
- Steering & Suspensions
- Diesel Engine Operations
- Diesel Engine Repair
- Heavy Equipment Repair I & II
- Driving Procedures
- Truck Driving Practices
- Business Management
- Computer Concepts
- Personal Finance
For more information about courses in the program, contact us today. One of our advisors would be glad to answer any questions you have!
The Demand for Diesel Mechanics
- Did you know that diesel engine mechanics are listed as a green occupation on O*net? That’s because diesel engines are more efficient than gas-powered units.
- Many engines also use biodiesel, which is less harmful to the environment than traditional diesel fuel. With the increasing popularity of eco-friendly cars and equipment, the use of diesel-powered vehicles is sure to grow in the coming years.
As a diesel mechanic, you can look forward to having a skill set that is always in demand!
Help for Veterans
If you served our country, NCST wants to serve you. We are a military-friendly school and we consider it an honor to help our nation’s armed services veterans learn the trades and technical skills that will assist them in getting great jobs in the private sector.
For more details about our commitment to the military, reach out to us!
Contact Us Today
The New Castle School of Trades has been teaching America’s trades since 1945, and the real-world skills you’ll learn from us will allow you to take your career to the next level, helping you to start earning the money you deserve.
You owe it to your future to contact us at (800) 837-8299 or through our online form and discover why this program is right for you.
There’s never been a better time to get started in a diesel mechanic school in PA than right now. Fill out our application form and one of our representatives will be in touch soon. We look forward to hearing from you!