Want to Attend Trade School? Here’s Why Night Classes May Be the Right Option for Your Schedule
If you’re considering attending an experienced trade school like New Castle School of Trades then you’re probably not only trying to prepare for your future career, but also sorting out the practicalities of getting additional education.
Fortunately, NCST supplies students with the possibility of taking night classes while working toward their degrees, giving you maximum program flexibility and providing you the kind of options your busy life requires.
Let’s take a look at all that our night classes involve.
Class Structure and Availability
NCST’s night classes follow the same coursework and class structure as the classes offered during the day, with nothing condensed or altered. You can view a complete listing of what each course includes by visiting our course catalog PDF.
Our classes are offered from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and begin every 10-weeks, corresponding with winter, spring, summer and fall quarters.
As of this writing, our upcoming night classes have the following start and end times:
- Summer Quarter – July 31, 2017 to October 9, 2017
- Fall Quarter – October 11, 2017 to December 22, 2017
These start and end times are staggered between the start and end times of the day classes, with a new slate of classes (either night or day) being offered every five weeks.
For start and end times for future semesters, be sure to consult updated course catalogs or reach out to one of our representatives.
Our Night Class Program Offerings
New Castle School of Trades offers night classes for the following programs:
- Automotive Technology – Students within this program develop the hands-on skills that automotive professionals and employers expect of their hires. The coursework features training on a variety of essential automotive equipment including brake lathes, exhaust gas analyzers, computer scanners, and computerized information systems, all guided by the insights of veteran instructors.
- Machinist Technology – Those who complete this program will develop the skills sought after by industries who regularly utilize machinists such as motor vehicle manufacturers, aerospace part manufacturers, machine shops, metalworking manufacturers, and more. Students in our program take coursework focused on subjects like machining center basics, offsets, parts and codes, and coordinates.
- Refrigeration/AC Technology – If you’re looking to learn essential HVAC techniques and develop skills for a future within the industry, this is the program for you. Equipment you’ll work on includes walk-in coolers and freezers, heat pumps, electrical and oil furnaces, central A/C units, two-stage and modulating furnaces, ice-making machines and more.
- Building Technology – Students in our Building Technology program are able to open a lot of doors for themselves within the construction industry, helping themselves qualify for positions like project manager, building inspector, general contractor, construction supervisor, facilities engineer and more. Carpentry, construction safety, construction materials, and roofing are all topics covered in the courses.
- Electrical Technology – Our Electrical Technology program supplies students with the vital skills they’ll need to have to tackle a range of on-the-job issues. Some of the equipment our students train on to prepare for these eventualities include oscilloscopes, breadboards, conduit benders, meters, PLCs, digital power supplies, three-phase motors, and more.
- Combination Welding – In this program, students learn key welding processes including TIG welding, MIG welding, and arc welding and work with a diverse range of equipment like electric arc welders, flux core arc welders, oxy fuel cutters, pipe bevelers, hydraulic shears, portable burning equipment and more, preparing them for a variety of future tasks.
As you can see, NCST’s night class programs are diverse, catering to a range of student interests within numerous skilled trades.
The Benefits of Attending Night Classes
By attending night classes, students can receive numerous benefits that day classes cannot provide. Some of these advantages include:
- Convenience – No matter what your daily schedule looks like, night classes afford you the chance to structure your days the way you want so you can pursue your education in the evenings.
- Smaller Class Sizes – Because night classes aren’t the route that everyone takes when pursuing their education, the classes tend to be smaller, meaning more personalized attention with instructors.
- Scheduling Advantages – Since many students work while attending school, night classes are a perfect fit for a busy schedule that often not only includes working obligations but also family commitments. In fact, many of our night class students have spouses who work during the day, with each spouse taking turns watching children to avoid hiring costly babysitters.
- More Sleep – By being able to avoid more daytime obligations, night class students can organize their schedule to get more sleep in the evenings following their coursework.
- Chance to Meet Different People – Oftentimes, night classes have students who are continuing their education after being away from schoolwork for some time, or those who have been a part of the workforce. These individuals can offer unique insights about careers others may lack.
- Ideal for Night Owls – If you love staying up in the evening and hate dragging yourself out of bed in the morning, then night classes are definitely the course to go for securing your education.
NCST Is Military Friendly and Career Focused
New Castle School of Trades is dedicated to helping our servicemen and women acclimate to civilian life and get started on pursuing their future careers.
Our status as a Military Friendly School means if you’ve been a part of our armed forces we’re ready to help you in a variety of key ways. Night classes can certainly be a part of that, since you might want to secure a day job while also pursuing your education.
Additionally, our job placement assistance services are tailored to helping all students adapt to life outside of trade school and prepare them for job searches and the workforce.
By taking part in our night classes you’ll receive help with:
- Setting career goals
- Cover letters
- Contacting regional employers
If you’re ready to take part in our trade school night classes and start working toward your future career, we want to hear from you. Contact NCST today to get started!