About Our Commercial Truck Driving Program
If you want a new career that will take you places, then the training provided by our accredited commercial truck driving school in Pennsylvania can make that happen.
A Skilled Trade School for Ohio and Pennsylvania
The New Castle School of Trades | A Dedication to Excellence
New Castle School of Trades has more than 70 years of experience training skilled technicians, allowing us to develop and refine our instruction methods over decades while keeping our sights set firmly on the future.
We know that when you’re looking for trade schools in the Pennsylvania and Ohio area you want to find a knowledgeable institution with the most up-to-date and sophisticated equipment available. NCST has all of that and more.
Welcome to the New Castle School of Trades. We’re ready to start you on an exciting new path!
Available Programs at Our PA Trade School
Whether you’re just beginning to learn about the trade school experience or you know precisely what you’re looking for out of an Ohio/Pennsylvania trade school, our comprehensive NCST website will help guide you to where you need to be.
You have your options when it comes to technical schools in the Ohio and Pennsylvania area, but we’re confident that our extensive catalog of courses and expert instructors will meet all of your needs.
Select from these great programs:
- Automotive Technology – Our program uses only the most up-to-date and industry-standard equipment in our courses. In just 60 weeks, you’ll be ready for a thriving career field.
- Building Technology – The graduates of this program go on to work in commercial and residential construction and contracting. A great fit for those seeking a managerial position.
- Combination Welding – Experienced welding instructors teach our students how to utilize electric arc welders, gas metal arc welders, oxy fuel cutters and hydraulic shears among many other vital tools.
- Industrial Maintenance – Students entering this field will regularly work with boilers, electrical systems, electric motors, PLCs, precision measuring tools, and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Commercial Truck Driving – As a licensed truck driver, you’ll have access to positions like tractor-trailer driver, delivery truck driver and dump truck operator. Best yet, we’ll get you on the road in only a few weeks.
- Construction Trades – By completing this program you’ll receive a strong background in roofing, masonry, home inspection, drywall and carpentry, among other skilled trades.
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Repair Technology – In this program, you’ll be working with only the most sophisticated repair equipment, including electronic circuit testing tools and meters, diagnostic computer scanners, and engine and fuel injection testing equipment.
- Electrical Technology – A thriving career as an electrician is within your grasp with this thorough program. Our instructors will give you the know-how to work with oscilloscopes, motor control equipment, digital power supplies and conduit benders, as well as many other fundamental tools.
- Heavy Equipment Operations – Our nine-month curriculum will set you on the path to working with vital construction equipment like bulldozers, backhoes, telehandlers and excavators.
- Machinist Technology – Your CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) machining training will allow you to work with metals, plastics and other important industrial materials, and our instructors will cover topics like milling and lathe operations, turning center basics and offsets.
- Motorcycle and Power Equipment Technology – Our comprehensive courses will give you the knowledge to repair and maintain motorcycles, ATVs, motorboats, lawn mowers, riding tractors, snowmobiles and chainsaws.
- Refrigeration/AC Technology – This program immerses our students in an electrical background for refrigeration and heating and cooling technologies. Upon graduation, you will be qualified to work with walk-in and commercial coolers and freezers, heat pumps, central A/C units and furnaces, among many other possibilities.
- Industrial Maintenance with Wind and Solar Technology – This program, focusing on alternative energy systems, allows students to get a step ahead in an exciting and emerging field. Students will be well versed in plumbing, electrical systems, industrial mechanics, and heating and cooling systems in commercial and industrial settings.
Once you find the program that’s right for you, you’ll want to learn how trade and tech schools prepare you to be a highly demanded individual. And unlike other trade schools in PA, we offer a variety of resources and programs to assist you with your chosen career.
- Our career trainingis a great tool for discovering the path you’ll be blazing at NCST, and you’ll acquire practical skills that will benefit you well into the future.
- Those in the armed forces will want to learn about NCST’s dedication to being a military-friendly school, and those who require financial assistance will want to take a look at the assistance programs we offer to see if they qualify.
These resources are not guaranteed at other PA trade schools, so it’s definitely something to take into consideration as you make your decision and decide your career path.
Separating Ourselves From Other Technical Schools in PA and Ohio
For the last 70 years, New Castle School of Trades has been helping Pennsylvania and Ohio residents just like you get the training and hands-on expertise they need to prepare for an exciting new career in a booming field.
We know what employers are looking for and what they value in an employee. Our trade school near Youngstown will not only help you meet those needs, but we will provide you with the necessary job placement assistance that makes finding a new job easier.
Plus, a huge benefit of technical schools in PA like ours is that our hands-on training allows you to work with the same equipment you’ll use in the field, giving you an advantage during the application process.
As an experienced trade school in Pennsylvania, we’ve helped thousands of people find new careers. Contact us today because we’re ready to help you succeed!
If you’re looking to start or change the direction of your career, there are many reasons why welder schools are a worthwhile investment. A professional welder will apply many practices they learn in a trade school environment toward their care… more
If you like to drive, have a strong work ethic and are looking for an adventurous job that allows you to travel across the country, then a career in truck driving may be the perfect next step for you. Here at the New Castle School of Trades… more
Upon graduation day, the future looks very bright for our trade school students. Once they’ve put in the hard work of completing their program courses, our students will be ready to make a living in the field that they love. Our job placement… more
Trade School: A Wise Investment to Jumpstart Your Career When students choose to pursue higher education, there are numerous routes they can take to earn their degree. That being said, there are many reasons why a trade or vocational school … more
Are you thinking about becoming a carpenter? Before you plunge into the field with our accredited carpentry training program, it may be beneficial for you to take some time to reflect and answer these questions regarding your career and personal … more
If your career goals include finding a hands-on job that can provide a secure future in an industry that’s always in demand, then attending an accredited institution for expert carpentry instruction should be your first step. The New Castle … more
If you enjoy working with your hands and are looking for a career that offers a sound future full of job opportunities, then mechanic training from an accredited institution is the right way to go. The first thing you’ll want to do is… more
At the New Castle School of Trades, we strive to provide you with the skills and tools needed to help you have a successful career. While this includes delivering high-quality education, training and job placement assistance, it also means giving … more
Are you looking for a way to further your education to get your dream career but don’t think that college is the right option for you? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for a trade school. But just what is trade school … more
18 Career Experts You Should Be Following on Twitter
Whether you’re wrapping up your trade school courses or are just getting started on one of our programs, it’s always important to think ahead. Once you’ve graduated from our vocational school, it’s wise to have a set game plan for the beginning of your career.…Find Out More
Our New East Liverpool Trade School is Now Open!
When students choose to pursue higher education, there are numerous routes they can take to earn their degree. That being said, there are many reasons why a trade school or vocational school could be a perfect fit for you and your future. Learn the reasons why in our blog post.…Find Out More
A Look at Our Newest Campus in East Liverpool, Ohio
To celebrate our newest location, we hosted a grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday, November 11th. Attendees were treated to a Veterans Day Parade at 11 a.m., followed by a ribbon cutting ceremony and an open house in the afternoon.…Find Out More