Interested in becoming a motorcycle mechanic? Looking to learn the ins and outs of small engine repair and become qualified to service motorcycles, ATVs, and more? The Motorcycle and Power Equipment Technology program at NCST’s New Castle, PA Campus can open the door to a career working with all the best grown-up toys.
The Basics of Motorcycle Mechanic School
The 60-week motorcycle mechanic training school is designed to prepare students to diagnose, troubleshoot, disassemble and repair motorcycles and small engines. It provides the nuts and bolts of what it takes to find a job and build a career servicing machines and gear that use small engines.
New Castle School of Trades’ motorcycle repair school goes beyond teaching about “just engines.” NCST students will learn about all of the major systems in a piece of power equipment. During this training, students will develop an understanding of what constitutes effective and routine maintenance and repairs, while receiving hands-on training with specialized tools and equipment.
Motorcycle & Power Equipment Technology Training at NCST – New Castle, PA
Motorcycle Technician Career Opportunities
Graduates of the New Castle School of Trades’ motorcycle mechanic school will acquire all the skills necessary to find entry-level work repairing motorcycles and small engines, but there’s so much more than the program offers. By going through NCST’s Motorcycle and Power Equipment school, students will also gain extensive experience with the following types of equipment:
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) – Work on four-wheelers/quad bikes and more, learning how to diagnose and troubleshoot engine problems.
- Marine – Learn what is needed to effectively work on motorboats, including lower unit and impeller maintenance, and how to service the numerous mechanical systems of the engines.
- Personal Watercraft (PWCs) – Play a vital role in the engine repair field by mastering skills on PWCs, equipment with high seasonal servicing needs.
- Dirt Bikes – Acquire the skills to fix dirt bikes and minibikes right alongside their larger counterparts, making anyone a diversified engine mechanic.
- Small Engine Equipment – Learn to service, maintain and repair a wide variety of systems utilizing small engines like riding tractors, push and riding mowers and chainsaws.
Begin Training for Motorcycle & Power Equipment Repair
Employers know that a well-trained technician who also has a solid grounding in repairing other types of power equipment has the knowledge and skills necessary to work through complicated problems, confidently tackle repairs on new types of equipment, and generally get the job done.
All around a great school to go to. The instructors are very helpful and determined to make you great at whatever course you choose to take… The staff here is always there when you need something. Again, the best school and experience I’ve had.
Zachary Adams, New Castle Graduate
New Castle School of Trades’ goal is to educate motorcycle and power equipment mechanics so that they have everything they need to break into a new career and become successful once they are there.