Setting Yourself Up For Success
If you enjoy working with your hands then consider enrolling in career training with New Castle School of Trade. This article discusses the importance of career training in Pennsylvania and Ohio. We’ll as go through the benefits of obtaining career training at a trade school. Keep reading to learn the different programs offered at these vocational schools. Also, how our training will make you a more competitive candidate in today’s tough job market.
What is Career Training?
Career training is a type of education that prepares you to obtain a job in one specific industry. This training is usually offered through special trade schools (also known as technical schools).
Unlike a traditional four-year college education, this type of training will teach you only the skills related to your specific job. This helps build your overall skill set and increases your workplace productivity.
What Benefits Will I Receive from Career Training?
There are several benefits to receiving career training through a trade school. Some of these benefits include:
- Practical Courses: Students do not have to enroll in courses that do not relate to their field of interest.
- Hands-on Experience: Courses not only teach theory but also allow lab time to show students how theory applies to the workplace.
- Learn from the Masters: Career training instructors worked in the fields for which they serve as instructors, making them qualified on the subject matter.
- Real World Qualifications: Students learn skills that can be applied directly to the workplace.
- Shorter Programs: Students finish their training in less than one year, instead of the four years it takes in a traditional college setting.
- Job Placement Assistance: Most career training schools will help graduates find entry-level positions in their industry.
Also, employers prefer to hire individuals who have received job-related training before entering the industry. Completing the proper training before entering the workforce will provide you with the skills necessary to help separate yourself from other job seekers with less training.
What Types of Career Training Can I Receive?
Some of the most common career training programs include:
- Automotive Mechanic: Working in an automotive training center, students learn automotive technology in labs that simulate actual repair and diagnostic shops in the transportation industry. Focused training covers operation, maintenance, rebuilding, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Heavy Equipment Operation: Provides the hands-on training necessary for students to obtain jobs operating tractor-trailers, fork trucks, dump trucks, bulldozers, backhoes, or excavators. Graduates have the ability to maneuver a trailer for the loading and unloading of equipment and materials.
- Electrician: Allows students to explore positions as a panel builder and tester, utility maintenance mechanic, construction electrician, and electronic technician. Students learn to work with equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, and breadboards.
- HVAC Technician: Instruction on the installation and maintenance of HVAC equipment, ductwork, metal fabrication, refrigeration, and heating electrical systems. Students focus on developing skills such as basic cooling, safety, and air systems.
- Welder: Provides students with a background in various welding applications and techniques based on ASME and AWS specifications. Students will be able to seek employment in positions such as pipe welders, repair welders, and construction welders.
Some schools may also offer programs in health care, culinary arts, and computer technology. Additionally, many schools offer advanced career training for those looking to advance in their chosen career path.
Could Career Training at New Castle School of Trades Be Right for Me?
Since 1945, New Castle School of Trades has become a recognized provider of career training. Throughout the last sixty years, NCST has evolved from educating competent tradesmen to training some of today’s most highly skilled technicians. We offer a variety of vocational education programs in numerous fields. Our faculty and staff are committed to offering quality courses that prepare individuals like you to achieve their educational goals for employment and advancement in their chosen professions.
New Castle Trade School Advantages
Our financial aid is available to those who qualify. We offer many different options to help you make the education you wish to experience more affordable. Also, all of our students and graduates have access to our job placement assistance programs throughout all of Pennsylvania and Ohio. New Castle School of Trades’ students discovers first-hand that people make the difference between a top-notch and average education. We want to make a difference in your life.